If you are already in Iquitos and just want to disconnect for a day and a half of the city ..... Choose your adventure in the jungle with a short program of 2 days 1 night in Heliconia Amazon River Lodge!
To help you experience an Amazon Adventure and make your enchanting rainforest foray worth its while, we have prepared this suggested itinerary for a short stay.
ITINERARY IN BRIEF AT HELICONIA LODGE (*):
Transfer to the Iquitos boarding wharf / Motorized boat ride / Monkey Island Stopover / Arrival to the Lodge/ Welcome drink and check-in/ Lunch/ Afternoon excursion – Nature Trek / After sunset –Night Boat Ride/ Dinner/ Overnight / Early morning Bird watching / Breakfast & Refresh / Native Community Immersion / Lunch /Check out / Transfer to and send off at Iquitos Airport or Hotel.
(*) The order of the start of your adventure of 2 days 1 night in Heliconia Lodge changes depending on whether you start arriving in Iquitos or already in Iquitos. The excursions are fulfilled as soon as your return flight to Lima allows it.
This program does not include:
Beverages: juices, sodas, soft drinks and any alcoholic drinks. (Tea and coffee are complimentary)
Flight tickets Lima/Iquitos/Lima and airport taxes.
What to wear
It is important that you bring only necessary clothing and travel gear to the lodge. Due to weight and space limitations on the domestic flight and on the boat to the Lodge, passenger luggage is limited to 10 kg. (22 lbs.) per person. You may store some of your luggage in our office in Iquitos City and take only the most essential during your stay.
• Light cotton clothes, pants and long sleeve shirts (preferably in earth colors: olive green, light brown/khakis of light, breathable, quick-dry material; please avoid using white color in the jungle)
• Hiking boots or walking tennis shoes resistant to humidity; cotton socks.
• Bathing suit
• A light water proof parka jacket, raincoat or sweater (when the temperature goes down considerably or when it rains)
What to bring:
• Hat / Cap (preferably with large visor)
• Sunscreen / Sunblock.
• Insect Repellent (with DEET)
• Personal Medicines /medications; first-aid kit
•Portable converter, rechargeable batteries, electrical adaptor for your charger
• Camera with big memory card; preferably in waterproof case.
: When visiting Monkey Island, it is recommended not to put on any insect repellent during the visit.
Meet our driver in his booth # 5 at the luggage claim area (For passengers who decide to take the first day of their arrival to Iquitos in Heliconia Lodge)
Our programs may vary according to flight arrival / departure changes or weather conditions.
Departures from Iquitos to Heliconia Lodge: just in the morning ( max. 10:00 am)
Departures from Heliconia Lodge to Iquitos is at 14:00 pm
Check in Heliconia Lodge: 13:00 pm / Check out Heliconia Lodge : 12:00 pm